The photo above is a slightly different angle from the one I snapped yesterday and with a little more post-processing, namely with the pronounced blue and green hues. I couldn’t resist putting another mushroom/fungi photo in; ya’ll seemed to enjoy the one from yesterday! Picto Project week 4 is almost wrapped up!
Every couple of months, the “awards” flare up in the blogosphere. I like to joke that they’re a bit like a virus…everyone seems to catch one, and then they die down.
I still like to participate, however, because it’s a fun way to look at others’ blogs, glean a little recognition, and learn about each other.
I’ve had three awards bestowed upon me in the last couple of weeks from Terrye, Janine, Clark and more recently, Denise. I’m always thrilled when someone bestows one upon me…even though it’s a little like taking a dose of cough syrup. But you all are wonderful, wonderful bloggers.
The Liebster Award:
In the various versions of this award, the rules state that you display the award on your blog OR don’t follow any more rules OR state 11 things about yourself and then pass on the award to anyone OR 11 other bloggers, depending on how you look at it.
You know, I like to be snarky. I think I’ll do my own thing here. Read on to find out.
1. I’m a sucker for Seinfeld re-runs. Every night while I’m making dinner, I need Jerry to come to my living room to make me laugh while I cook.
2. I must follow Seinfeld with a dose of Jeopardy. Yes, after I have made dinner, the Hubby and I love to eat and throw out answers to all the questions. We’d never win. Ever.
3. If I love you, I will torture you. That means I will tickle you, give you zerberts, play practical jokes on you, scare the bejeezus out of you, and randomly shower you with Hershey’s kisses.
4. I will eat all the Hershey’s kisses, too. I have no willpower when it comes to those things. So, I limit myself to once or twice per year. Because I will eat the whole bag. And leave a trail of foil wrappers. And maybe make something with them.
5. I must spend time creating. Every day. Not that you didn’t know that if you follow this blog. But, it doesn’t just have to be photography or art or writing. I like creating food art, hair art, window art, clothing art….and my whole house looks like some clown came along and hiccuped bubbles of color all over the place. My house is blueberry-colored. While all the other houses here in the countryside are white or gray, mine is purple with a rose-colored porch. I guess we won’t be selling it anytime soon…or at least until I get around to painting it again.
6. I don’t like talking on the phone. Unless I’m commuting to Asheville in my car. In that case, I have 40 minutes to bombard someone with the minutiae of my banal existence. I try to do it hands free, but it’s highway driving. Cars should be cell-phone free, I know, so don’t follow my example.
7. My brother-in-law has been on my mind for some reason. Dang it, I’m always impressed by that dude. He does 100-mile road rides, owns a fly-fishing business, built this incredible canoe from scratch, and is one of the forefathers of tele-skiing. Yes, he really is – he helped usher in an era of tele-skiing while working at Crested Butte Ski Area in Colorado. Just once, just ONCE I wish I could say that I did something to impress him back. I don’t think I’ve done that, yet. Dammit.
8. I don’t have kids. It’s a beautiful, violent, big, unpredictable, creative, constrictive, filled-with-potential and harsh world we live in. I just can’t decide if I want to give all those adjectives to a future generation. Maybe I will. Maybe I won’t. I admire the courage of others to do so.
There are 8 facts. And somewhere in all those blogs with the awards, it said there were no tag-backs. I guess I’ll try and find some other bloggers that I think deserve an award.
And the nominees are (in my best Oscars-not-that-I-watched-it-voice):
Congrats to these bloggers and may many more wonderful awards come your way! Thank you also to Bill who recently wrote a tribute post in my honor. Thank you. I am feeling the love, people. Feelin’ the love. 🙂