This week, I’ll keep sharing a few images of the Scenic Highway 209 that we traveled from Hot Springs, NC to Waynesville, NC.
I did a little post-processing on this image: I desaturated most of the color, but left a few pixels in their color-saturated state.
It’s amazing how a little elevation gain makes all the difference when it comes to snow. Toward the top of the mountain here, the trees are all lined with the white stuff. These mountains are tall, too. I grew up in the Rockies and from top to bottom, they’re just as tall, but overall lower in elevation.
In the foreground, there’s more of a dusting and most trees have no snow.
As we descended from these mountains and on into Waynesville, there was NO snow and the sun was shining brightly with no clouds.
My poor husband is so patient with me: I made him stop a number of times so I could get a lots of great shots – to share and for my Picto Project.
I have no idea which one will become a drawing and painting next.
Hmm…maybe I’ll share all the images this week and let you decide.
I think that’s a great idea! So, come back here on Friday and vote for the photo that will become my next triptych.
And now for Wordless or Wordy Wednesday…
Just a few things…they’re not rules, really…
- Grab a photo that you think is worth 1,000 words. Preferably it’s your own photo, but Creative Commons photos are allowed (with proper attribution). This photo can be a regular photo, artwork, or even a video.
- Place it on your blog and link-up below. If you don’t have a blog, go to my Facebook Page and paste a photo there. Linking up also means that you may be featured on this blog the following Sunday and I will need to use your photo – you give me permission to do so. I will choose a theme each week and feature 5-10 photos from people who link-up.
- Grab the button and display it on your blog or side column (optional)
- Keep it Wordless or Wordy – your choice!
- I’ll be by your blog to tweet your photo and add the hashtag #Wordlesswednesday. Feel free to do the same.
- Please visit at least 4 or 5 other blogs (especially the people who link up right before you do).
- Follow your favorite blogs – and I would LOVE for you to follow my blog, too, but I won’t force you to. 😉