The Sisterhood of the World Blogger Award
I’m sitting here on this Sunday morning sipping my tea and just carving out time to write this post. For a week, I’ve been wanting to do this but with it being the end of the semester, I had some papers to write and some holiday events to attend. Only one final presentation next week and I’m finished. Then, I only have three graduate courses left. I can see the light.
Speaking of light, do you ever think about how many people light up your life? I know many. But I’m going to highlight one for a moment: Sue Dreamwalker. If you haven’t been to her blog, you should really take a look. It’s like going to a spiritual revival, replete with wisdom and spiritual teachings and love. It’s my kind of blog and one that I hope to aspire to.
Last week she bestowed upon me a most lovely gift: The Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award. Wouldn’t you know, I love the name. Because now I feel connected with amazing hearts all over the world. I also love how she likens the award to the Divine Feminine. Something I have thought much about in my adult life.
I just feel the love! In a feminine-sisterhood kind of way.
And I’m going to bend the rules a little bit. As my “10 Things of Thankful” post, I want to highlight 10 blogs for which I’m thankful and pass this award on to them at the same time.
I love being snarky like that. Rule-bending without feeling guilty. *devious grin*
What To Do:
You’re supposed to highlight the blogger that gave the award, then answer 10 questions and then pass it on to ten other sisters and display the award on your post. So here goes.
The 10 Questions:
1. Your favorite color: I think that since I work at a school called Rainbow, and I love all colors, I’m just going to say the Rainbow. All the colors. That combine on a prism to create white light. White light. Yes.
2. Your favorite animal …All the fuzzy-wuzzy ones: cats, dogs, bunnies, even opossums. I love all animals, but the less cuddly ones like snakes don’t always get my attention.
3. Your favorite non-alcoholic drink …. Tea. Hands down. I love collecting wild weeds from my yard to make tea: mint, red clover, even plantain. But I love to drink just about any kind of tea: herbal, black, white, oolong, green…yummy!
5. Your favorite pattern …..The labyrinth. Because of its symbolism and healing.
6. Do you prefer getting or giving presents? Giving of course. I always can do more giving.
7. Your favorite number …..2 and 7. Two because it’s better than one. Seven because it’s my lifepath number.
8. Your favorite day of the week …. Every day I get to enjoy the blessings of the earth.
9. Your favorite flower …. The daisy. It’s simple, bright and beautiful.
10. What is your passion? …. Writing, teaching, blogging, learning, drawing, photographing, cooking, hiking…oops, was I supposed to only say one?
And now, to blogs that have touched my life:
Considerings – Lizzi’s thoughts. An amazing read every time. Her words of wisdom touch your heart and tap into that emotion that so characterizes us as human.
Another Jennifer – Jennifer’s wise words. One that inspires me to give more, to be more philanthropic and spread the love.
Girlie on the Edge – A fellow Clark. I love her words, insights and thoughts. They so often echo my own.
Confessions of a Mommyaholic – Janine. A faithful commenter on my blog and always a friend.
Everything Susan – A warrior. A special person who looks at life right in the eyes and tells it like it is.
PenPaperPad – A poetic goddess. Her words can take even the most mundane subject and make it seem eloquent.
Semblance of Spanish America – Joan. Bridging culture and language. I must go to Chile one day soon.
Poetic Parfait – Poetic bliss. Christy’s poems are at once striking and powerful. I am always awed.
Writing a River – Yvonne. My friend across the pond who inspires me to write – more and better.
Adorable Chaos – Amy. She’s the kind of person that walks in the Light.
If you’re interested in joining this blog hop, check this out: